Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Days to daze..


Ever wonder what you were going to be when you grew up? I thought I did, but life has a way of throwing curve balls at you. There is a lot of things that I'm interested in, or would like to pursue, but I always find myself at another crossroad, pondering the distance, envisioning where it might take me, only to pick up and start my meandering to the next crossroad. Window shopping the opportunities of life, smiling, frowning, laughing, or fuming at what I might see, then picking up to another yet another unknown destination. I almost see a vagabond existence watching my life unfold as act two rolls up the curtains. Can you be a tourist of life itself?
I guess it was just too easy while you were growing up, the white picked fenced house with a dog and a cat, and your wife smiling as you walked through the door. But did it matter if that fence was brown instead of white, and where exactly had I departed from on my trip home. I think those are the details that get caught up in the mix as we punch it, trying to fly towards the horizon as fast as we can. Does it really matter where this trail one calls their future will lead you, as long as it presents you with an end?
Did I answer the knock of opportunity too soon, should I have waited for the second knock, or should I have just got my coat and went out looking for this so called opportunity. Don't get me wrong, I've had many fortunate events occur along the way. But one does wonder what happens when you spend too much time smelling the roses.
Even though I tend to ponder on these things, there really isn't much to complain about. I do bring these questions to mind, primarily as a poke in my own ass. I've haven't had the chance to play as much soccer as I wish, and the same goes for skiing. Working as a process engineering tech has limited these factors, but it pays well. That is really what I kick around the most in my head these days. I guess I have two years to put that puzzle together, best to just have a ball doing it then. That's just part of the mystery.

No comments: