Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Better late than never

So I forgot to post my weekly list of recommended tunes last week. Well, not as much forgot as I got sidetracked, and never finished my post. In order to make up for it, I'm doubling the recommendations and choosing two bands. They fit well together, due to the international influence they draw upon. The first band Enon, hails from the US, but draws upon Asian influences that are intertwined into the beats. A wide range of musical styles causes this band to be hard to pin into any one category. Ranging from J-pop beats, to drawn out trip-hop, and a few anthems throw in for good measure as well.

The second band is easier to categorize, but is also unique to the US airwaves. NY city based Nous Non Plus is a French band, whose album is just that, French. But what make this album special, is the ability to not know French and still enjoy it. Either one of these bands, allow for a trip through the back alleys of the current music scene. Give them a try, I think you will walk away pleasantly amused.

No comments: