I know I promised an update, but a synopsis will have to suffice. Here is what has been going on in my life for the past two months.
- Spent some good quality time with the boys. (which in its self needs an entire post dedicated to it)
- Melanie started her Comps for her PhD. Basically its the series of tests that will decide if she is allowed to move forward to her dissertation. The dissertation will decide if she is awarded her degree, so Comps is a big deal.
- Worked a near record (but not quite) 15 days in a row, averaging 10hrs plus per day. The reason? Melanie was out of town conducting research on the JMP-ACL project at the Air Force Academy, and I was helping to cover for an injured co-worker. Basically I worked everyday from July 5th till the 19th.
- Prior to the mega work stretch, I traveled with Melanie to California and had a chance to catch up with my good friend Owen and some of our college friends.
- Just got back from Melanie's High School reunion in Pullman WA. In the process of doing that we 1) Missed a massive heat wave that hit NC 2) Enjoyed marvelous 80 degree weather in Pullman 3) Celebrated Melanie's birthday 4) Had a surprise visit from Mel's brother whom had traveled 6 hours+ after work to get there 5) Went to the reunion and 6) Ran past a burning grain elevator. By ran past, I do me ran past, the trail was four feet from the grain elevator.
- Got a spiffy new iPhone.
- Found Melanie the perfect birthday gift.
There are some other things out there too, and most of this I have just glossed over. Things are going quite well, and obviously busy.